Friday, September 13, 2013

Holy Spirit


There was a time in my life that I did not call upon the Holy Spirit.  I believed in the Holy Spirit, loved the Holy Spirit and craved the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  However I really didn't call upon Him in my daily life.  I praised God and thanked Christ but I really didn't acknowledge the Holy Spirit.  

We talk about the Holy Trinity but do we call upon all three persons of our God?  God is alive and in Heaven.  Jesus is alive and at His Father's side, in Heaven.  The Holy Spirit is alive, and is here on Earth with us.  Why do we ignore the One that is all around us?    

This last weekend, I had the best weekend of my life with the Holy Spirit.  I have never been at such peace.  I know that I only experienced a grain of sand of what is possible with Him.

I am one of those people who always has to be doing something, when I am not being "productive" I feel like I am wasting precious time that I have available to get things done.

It was hard for me to dive into the word, I didn’t understand what I read and my mind always drifted to things that needed to get done.  (The devil is a liar!)

It was hard for me to have prayer time, talking (speaking out-loud) to the unseen.  I could pray out-loud in church, but not at home.  I wanted to prophesy to my and my family’s future.  I wanted to pray fervently, speaking life over all those I was lifting up to God.  However the words would not come out of my mouth verbally. 

Have you met me? If you have you know firsthand that words flow out of my mouth non-stop but in prayer, not a peep!  It was like I had laryngitis.  It was so frustrating.

I was always taught that in order for demons not to hear and defeat your prayers you said them silently in your head, speaking to God only in your heart.  (again, the devil is a liar!)   

I took this issue to my pastor.  He gave me suggestions of what to do on my end to light the fire in me that it will just happen.

He said, "I have a very good tip for you.  Praise!  According to Psalm 100, praise and thanksgiving gives us access to God's presence which is that place of free, expressive prayer.  I recommend you start your prayer time with about 5-10 minutes of jubilant praise.  If you can praise-out, you will pray-out."

Could it be that simple?  Yes!

I compiled a list of anointed praise music, and did as my pastor suggested.  Before the first praise song was over I was dancing like David.  Before the second song was done, I was praying out-loud.  I was proclaiming my future.  I was yelling at demons.  I was speaking life…speaking it, shouting it, and singing it…with audible words.  Amen, Hallelujah, Thank You Jesus!!!

In my prayer time I ask the Holy Spirit to come, and bring the word of God alive to me.  Teach me, fill me.  Calling on the Holy Spirit to fill me up with the word so that it can overflow and bless others.  He is answering that prayer in a big way!  Thank You Lord!

I have noticed now, that I am calling upon the Holy Spirit all during my day.  As I rearranged my sewing studio, I called upon the Holy Spirit to help me find the perfect layout.   I ask Him what I should wear.  I ask Him what I should learn.  I ask Him what He wants me to do during my day.  I ask him whom I can bless and how.  I talk and sing to Him as I go throughout my day.  He is my Best Friend so I should talk to him more, and before my other friends, right?  Go to the throne before going to the phone...

The Holy Spirit wants a relationship with us and wants to be called upon for the little things just as much, if not more so, for the big things.

When I call upon Him before my day starts, I am able to handle the unexpected with more grace than without Him.  Not only handle it with more grace, but I am getting more done.  I am being more "productive" with HIM.

I pray that we all call upon the Holy Spirit and let Him have His Way!  

Until next time, God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment