Saturday, February 16, 2019

Break in the Storm



It has been raining all week and the forecast is for more rain this coming week.  We are experiencing storms that can’t decide if they want to stay in the valley or go elsewhere.

This morning started out with more rain.  We have had so much that our ground is so soggy the water is making little ponds everywhere. 

Rain, rain, and what…more rain.    

When I walked outside and saw that we have some blue skies and sunshine where there was rain clouds a few minutes ago.  Such peace came over me and flooded me so that I am now overflowing in peace.  Thank You Jesus for Your peace!

Isn't that how life is?  One minute you are in the midst of a storm and the next your skies are sunny, clear blue with fluffy white clouds!

I love storms where nature just cuts loose and has its way with the world.  I also love it when it is sunny and 70°.   It is those in-between days that seem to go unappreciated with me.  You know, foggy or overcast days (or worse the opposite – Summer 100°) - I just don't appreciate them.  

However, if it weren't for the in-between days, I would not appreciate the storms nor the sunny 70° days as much as I do.  This break in the storm is just filled with such hope and peace.

Funny, a little earlier a friend sent me a song, "Get Your Hopes Up" by Josh Baldwin on the War is Over album.  And the discussion on hope began.

Some of us were raised to not get our hopes up.  We were to keep our expectations low as to keep from being disappointed or crushed.  We end up building up such serious walls, always expecting the worst.  Expect people to let you down, that way when things went well and people came through, it is a happy surprise!

What an awful way to live.  We are told in Ecclesiastes 9:3-5, where there is life, there's hope.  If you are breathing air there is still hope!  

I love that song by the Newboys, "Live Abandon".  I want to live abandoned for God and I want to live abandoned in life.

I want to give my all, in all areas of my life.   If I have walls built up so you don't hurt me, I am not giving you all of me.  

Hope is not a bad word, it is a good word.  The archaic definition (which I love) is a trust, reliance.  The verb...(the action word), is cherish a desire with anticipation: to want something to happen or to be true.  

Hebrews 11:1 tells us "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and all assurance about what we do not see."  

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the Power of the Holy Spirit."

He is the God of Hope and fills us with hope...if He is the God of hope, then hope is of God, so hope is not a bad thing.  Hope is awesome.  

I pray that during your storms you don't lose your hope, the break in the storm is coming.  Get with God, He will fill you will all joy and peace. 

Below is the link to the song, "Get Your Hopes Up" that will remind you.

Until Next Time, God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment